If you are looking for a super fast, easy recipe to use for your recipes - look no further! This is my go-to recipe that is creamy, flavorful and quick to make. The best part - it is homemade - no more having to buy cans of Cream of Anything Soups when you use this recipe!
- 3/4 cup Chicken or Beef Broth
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Bring Broth to a boil on the stovetop.
- In a separate bowl whisk flour and milk.
- Add desired seasonings to the flour/milk mixture.
- Pour mixture into broth using a whisk and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, mixture will thicken almost immediately as it cools.
- I use chicken or beef depending on meat that I plan on cooking with. If your not going to use it in a meat recipe, then the chicken broth goes well with anything.
- If you want to make it "Cream of Mushroom" soup, saute 8 oz mushrooms in 1 tbsp butter before you add broth to the pan.